- Your data you provided to request remote support services:
In order to receive any remote service, you need to provide your contact information including name, phone number and email address as well as a valid Lutron Job Number. With this information, Lutron will create a Remote Session Security Verification (RSSV) form for your job and send it to you. You need to complete the Remote Session Security Verification form, sign it and return it to Lutron before the session begins.
Lutron may use this data for the following purposes:
- To contact you via email to ask you to complete a post-session survey regarding the service you were provided and your satisfaction level.
- To contact you via email for security related communications. As an example of security related notifications, we may send an email containing information about security updates that have been made to your Lighting Control System (LCS) components that you could request to have applied by our service team.
- To contact you via email regarding warranty information and important service updates, such as warranty expiration dates, upcoming training information, technical support information, etc.
- To email you marketing communications, such as information about Lutron and third-party products. You may unsubscribe from these marketing emails at any time by clicking “unsubscribe” in the email.
- For US and Canadian contacts only, to phone or email you regarding additional products and services available that you can purchase.
The legal basis for use of your personal data is to perform our obligations in accordance with any contract that we may have with you, to provide you with the functionality you requested, or to deliver sales and marketing information as consented to by you.
- A recording of the remote session:
When using GoToAssist, a recording of the remote session is created. Only the video portion of the remote session is recorded. The audio portion is not available to be recorded. This recording is kept on a secure server for 180 days, after which it is permanently destroyed.
Lutron uses this information to:
- Assist the remote service technician recall the events of the session so that the Work Order Details can be documented. A copy of the Work Order with these details is sent to the Site Contact and Scheduling Contact once the Work Order is completed.
- Assist the security team with a record of events in the event there is a reported security incident.
The legal basis for use of such personal data is to perform our obligations in accordance with any contract that we may have with you, to provide you with the functionality you requested, or to deliver marketing information as consented to by you.
- Customer-specific Quantum and associated log files
We retain the following information that has been designated as possibly containing Data Subject Data:
|Personal Data Name
(Including Support Files)
|The name of the project as provided by the customer
|The Lutron-generated number associated with the project
|Address of the project
|Lutron-generated number used for tracking problem jobs
|Customer configuration information contain in SQL Server database
|Processor Event Log
|Text file containing historical events that occurred on a quantum processor
|Text file containing historical events that occurred while using the user interface
|Transfer Output Parser files
|Text files containing historical events that happened during a transfer of a database to processor(s)
|Backup of ELMAH SQL Server database
|Database used for version history
|Backup of Q-Admin SQL Server database
|Database used for historical information
|Windows Event Viewer Log
(System & LSM)
|Text file containing historical information about Windows operating system
|Text file containing network traffic information
|Text file containing information about Q-Control app
|Local Area Network Address
|Local Machine address used to allow remote connectivity software to access the machine
We use this data for the purpose of troubleshooting and diagnosing any issues that require additional assistance for our Engineering team. In order to properly diagnose an issue, replication of the exact site conditions is required. We also use this data to provide a securely archived recovery point in the event of a catastrophic failure of your server. The data can also be used to identify ways to better optimize the Quantum software suite. We do not sell this data.
The legal basis for use of such personal data is to perform our obligations in accordance with any contract that we may have with you, in this case to troubleshoot any issues that arise and better optimize the software.
- Getting help from us
In the event you decide to contact us for assistance, we will collect data that you decide to provide to us. We may collect your name, email address, phone number and the content of any discussion, email, or chats. You may request assistance from us by sending additional information or files to assist in troubleshooting. For select technical issues, we may share your data with third-party contractors.
The legal basis for use of such personal data is to perform our obligations in accordance with any contract that we may have with you, in this case to respond to your request for assistance.